This Saturday, June 5, HOPE Center volunteers will be collecting non-perishable items at local Wallgreens and Publix Supermarkets in order to re-stock what is becoming an increasingly bare pantry. Just to give you a sense of perspective, last year, HOPE Outreach provided food assistance to almost 17,000 SW Broward residents; this year that number is likely to almost double.
Saturday’s event (which coincides with the kick-off of National Hunger Awareness Month) is being chaired by HOPE Outreach Center Board member and volunteer Kathy Blanton. HOPE Outreach Center, Inc. is a not-for-profit 501c(3) founded in 1995. The center offers an immediate ‘hand up’ to regular people who find themselves suddenly unable to make ends meet due to a job loss, disability, health crisis, and/or some other emergency circumstance. By providing emergent financial support, food and other educational and social services, HOPE Outreach Center often serves as the financial and emotional bridge that allows families in crisis to return to self reliance and independence quickly and comfortably.
– Stirling Rd. and Hiatus – Cooper City
– Stirling Rd. and Pine Island – Cooper City
– Hiatus Rd. and Sheridan – Cooper City
– SR 84 and 136th Ave. – Davie
– Dykes Rd. and Sheridan – Southwest Ranches – This is Dan Espinosa’s store
– Bonaventure Blvd. and Three Village Rd. – Weston
– Weston Rd. and Blatt Blvd. – Weston
– Weston Rd. and Emerald Park Circle – Weston
-Regency Square, Volunteer Rd in SW Ranches
– University Store at Griffin and University in Davie
Please stop by and find out more about Hope Outreach and enter drawings for a $100 Walgreens Gift Certificate or $100 Visa Gift Card. For more information about Hope Outreach, visit www.hopeoutreachfl.org.