From the Town of Davie:
The next Community Meeting hosted by Town of Davie Town Administrator Gary Shimun is scheduled for Tuesday, June 22, 2010, from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Shenandoah Community Room, located at Shenandoah Park, 14601 S.W. 14th Street in District 4. All Davie residents and business owners are invited to meet and speak with the Town Administrator. This is the third in a series of four meetings each with a different venue in order to ensure that one is held in each district. The purpose of these community meetings is to have a dialog of sharing between the Town Administrator (The Town’s CEO who is responsible for the day to day operations) and the residents and the business owners of Davie. Topics to be discussed include:
· Town accomplishments
· Budget and finance
· Services: such as code compliance, public safety, permitting, parks & recreation, public works, and housing
· Economic development
· Citizen concerns
· Community expectations and their vision of our town
The meeting will be structured into three parts:
1. The first portion of the meeting will be a presentation conducted by Mr. Shimun.
2. The second portion of the meeting will be in an open forum format so that residents and business owners can have their voices heard. Residents can ask questions and have them answered.
3. The third and final portion of the meeting will be an interactive period where residents will work together in groups to provide input on topics such as community expectations and their vision of our town.
Our first two meetings have been very productive, and Mr. Shimun looks forward to meeting both new and old friends in this third meeting.
This is a great way for you to participate in our American democracy. If you have questions, contact the Town at 954-797-1027.
Members of Town Council may be present.